Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, April 27, 2012

Tesoro Blanket

I've been sewing for the last two days.  It's a fleece self-binding blanket to take to the lacrosse games.  It doesn't matter how warm the days are, by the night-time games it is cold and you need something to wrap up in.

I purchased the navy top and red and white backing fleeces a year ago with the express purpose of having the blanket ready to go at the beginning of the season.  Well, that didn't happen, and it's been sitting on the closet shelf staring at me everytime I go in there.  Oh, the guilt.....



Off to Joanne's with my coupons in hand to get the felt and pellon for the Tesoro "T" monogram in the middle.  I thought I got the double-sided iron on pellon and was disappointed when I got home and realized that it was only one-sided.  What to do?  I was not up for another trip back to the craft store.  Ah!  I remembered the spray-on adhesive backing from the quilting retreat!  It worked wonderfully.

I used Adrianne's ipad (that she WON at work) to look at the initial and draw the "T" onto butcher paper.  It is a giant "T" and I kept the proportions from the one on the ipad to the paper using a yard stick.  It took me half a day just to make the pattern, because there were actually two:  one out of the red and another smaller one out of the white.

Cute backing fleece fabric.  It is big and warm and cuddly.
While this project is not a hard one, it is time consuming with that much fabric and pinning.  Everyone loved it so much that I was approached to make some for lacrosse fundraisers.  Yikes.  Maybe we could have some of the boosters and/or the girls come to measure, cut, pin, and sew??? 

At least I already figured out that "T" pattern.

1 comment:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

:) So happy to see new posts, and funny to find that we share a birthday, stranger friend!