Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Trip To Arizona

Christine and I left this morning for Arizona.  It is her spring break and she wants to spend it with her sister.

I just closed my eyes to all left-over Easter and drove away.  Ah, it will just be there when I get back and this time I'm okay with it.

We had a nice drive.  I like to think of it in two stages:  to Blythe and beyond.  Once you get to Blythe, the rest is not too bad.  That part of the desert is kind of attractive.  And with all the Arizona growth, it's not too long before the different cities start dotting the drive.  In the Denali we can make it on one tank of gas.  In the Sequoia, I can get all the way to Buckeye and then need to fill up.  Buckeye has grown a lot and we've found a good spot to make a stop.

John was still taking his nap when we got to my parents house.  He warmed up to Chris and I when he woke up and wanted his 'Cwistine'.  He calls me Gramma Cindy and it is the cutest thing ever when he says it over and over.  He begins every sentence with it.

Oma served up some leftovers for dinner and Christine went to stay at Natalie and Robert's.  I'm staying here at my mom and dad's. The spring weather is so nice in Arizona.  They predict it to warm up the next couple of days and then get stormy by the weekend.

Today is Duff's birthday.  I've never not spent it with him since before we were married.  It feels funny.  The kids rallied and made him one of his favorite dinners and Meredith made the birthday cake--Carrot this year.  A big departure from Angel Food which is his usual.  Christine and I had FHE at Nats and Robs and we called "Papa Duff" and sang Happy Birthday to him.  John knows all the words.  I laid down with John and read him a bedtime story.  Then we all had family prayer.  On my way back to my parents I stopped at Lisa's and we watched DWTStars.

No comments: