Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Door, Chicken Noodle Soup, 9Patch Squares, Good Times!

Craig put a new door in for the baby's room.
It was full of holes and the kids took it out when they moved in.
Again, who knows what went on in that room....Hmmm.
Robert stayed and helped him hang the new door while the rest of us went to the zoo.
Lisa had homemade chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. Kristin came and so did Linda and David. It was delicious.
 I love these times where there is nothing specific planned but being together at the last minute and enjoying each other's company and good food.
Papa Duff, John, and Opa.

 Linda made one of her signature homemade cakes for dessert.  We were going to sing belated happy birthday to Duff, but he didn't want to make a fuss.
Ainsley had her bath in Auntie Lisa's kitchen sink, and Linda got her to sleep. 
Kristin wanted to learn how to do the 9patch squares method I learned at the quilting retreat.  I brought my things to show her.  She whipped out 12 of them in no time.  She wants to make a quilt for her family room couch.
We are leaving tomorrow and I always have mixed emotions about that.
I'm worried about my dad.

No comments: