Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Singing and Bridal Shower

I had a singing practice bright and early for a Saturday and for singing.  Who sings well that early in the morning?  People like Crystal who is heading up our number for tomorrow.  She has the most crystal clear, strong and beautiful voice.  If you close your eyes you would think she was Glinda from Wicked.  Her major was musical theater and when she opens her mouth you know why.

We are singing a changed word version of The Bare Necessities complete with dance moves for the VTeaching conference tomorrow.  It promises to be very funny and hopefully gets the point across. 

Right after that I attended a bridal brunch shower for Amber Ezell.  When we moved here, she was in Kindergarten and I loved watching her run out of the house when I did morning car pool.  Her red hair flying as she tried to negotiate that big backpack.  Now she is all grown up and getting married.  Sharon and the bridesmaids did a great job on the brunch.  Sharon out-did herself.  It was over the top delicious.  Madeline is having her oral surgery in two weeks.  It is very similar to what Christine had.  We are going over in a few days to talk with them about it and what to expect and what worked for us that no one told us.  Hopefully those little things will make it easier for them.

No comments: