Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, June 8, 2012

DVD My Memories

During our spring cleaning, I have accumulated a box of cassette tapes, slides, 8mm film, vhs tapes that I can't find online in dvd form.

I found a company that converts these things to cd's and dvd's.  Duff and I had to drop off Christine's camera in Irvine at the Canon shop for a repair, so we took the box to have it's contents converted over.  I didn't realize how many options there are.  I just went middle of the road on them all.  I think the slides and film are from Duff's mission.  One of the vhs tapes is of when our family was on The Family Feud in 1983.  Another is of the stage play of Peter Pan with Mary Martin.  I have looked everywhere to find a dvd version, so the grandkids can watch it.  It was my kids favorite version of the story.  They would watch it over and over again.  I was happy to know they would convert it for me.  I have a favorite cassette of a Christmas performance done by Michael Ballam.  It is OLD, and they don't even make it anymore.  I start listening to it every October.  It's titled Searching For The Star Of Bethlehem.  They are putting it on cd for me! Hurray!

We got lunch at SuperMex.  It was soooooo delicious.  The manager came over to our table and talked with us.  We told him--again!--that they need to bring a restaurant down our way.  Hopefully. :-)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

i've been looking for that Peter Pan movie in dvd forever!!! Any way to make two & i will pay you for it?!

Cindy said...

I think so. The guy who helped me asked how many copies I wanted. I told him one, and he said if that changed in the future I could burn one myself. I'll double check when I pick them up to be sure, so we don't break any laws.