Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Monday, October 1, 2007

RS Broadcast, Tutto Fresco, Wedding Dress

Loved the Broadcast! Patti and I went together. Christine babysat for J.T. I really related with Bonnie Parkin, but have always had a fondness for Julie B. Beck, so it felt good to have her speak as the new general RS president. She is a cousin to Steve Bangerter (the B. is for her maiden name, Bangerter), and I remember him telling me how neat she is. She has not had a very easy life, suffering from illness. About 10 years ago I went to a regional training meeting when I was serving on the Stk. YW board. SHE was the visiting 'authority'. I was quite impressed with her ability to train a roomful of priesthood with still giving respect and dignity to their office.

Even though I can read it later, I am trying to follow the stake president's counsel to take notes about how I FEEL during a talk and write down promptings. Here are some of my notes:

Relief. Who needs me?
Relief brings sociality. Sociality doesn't necessarily bring relief.
We are in the business of saving 'souls'.
Satan is working overtime on families.
Read, study, and adopt the Proclamation. Be clear with all your children that THAT is your family's plan!
Study diligently.
Pray _______.
Serve willingly.
Pray for abilities to = tasks, not that tasks will = my abilities.
Usually small acts give relief.
Teach by word AND example to my children and grandchildren.

I instantly loved all the sisters in the new presidency! And when we all sang the hymn, High On A Mountain Top, I had goosebumps! to think I was a part of such a sisterhood all over the world. Such a powerful and yet humbling feeling.

After, we went to Tutto Fresco (great Italian food) for dinner with Adrianne and her mom, Diana. We had a GREAT visit, and Adrianne and Patti talked wedding gowns. They decided on Adrianne's favorite one and Patti assured us all that it was one of the most flattering to Adrianne and easier ones to make! Adrianne was beaming!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Is my mom making Adrianne's wedding gown?? If she is that is sooo exciting!

Cindy said...

Yes, she is!! And it will be absolutely gorgeous, as always. Your mom has such a wonderful talent and she is so kind to share it with others! Call me and lets go over some recipes for your cooking!