Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, September 26, 2008

Last Minute Pleasures


Adrianne gets a Friday off every 4 weeks and today was the day. We got a call to come and meet them for a quick bite of breakfast at Ruby's. How fun was that! We threw some clothes on
ran a brush through our hair, and washed our faces and brushed our teeth. I mention this only because it makes me feel better that I didn't style my hair or put on any make-up.
I got the cinnamon roll french toast combo. It was good, but too sweet. Adrianne got the same thing only pancakes, and next time I will do that. It wasn't so heavy. I left more than 1/2 of the french toast on my plate, but the eggs were great! Duff and Mike went savory. Duff with his favorite ham and eggs with hashbrowns, and Mike with his eggs benedict. Some fresh squeezed o.j. and good converstaion made for a great beginning of the day.
We knew exactly where they were sitting because Duff recognized immediately the BYU hat he got Adrianne a few weeks ago. We will probably never fully convert her over from the U (which she attended) but she is a GREAT sport and humors 'dad' with his BYU loyalty!

3 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Yum!!! I love a savory breakfast with a small bite of sweet! I am with Mike and Duff. However Cindy you have always been sweet breakfast gal. Love you

Linda Lu said...

I love breakfast out. Was that Ruby's Diner near Balboa Island that you went too? I love that place!

Love Always!

Cindy said...

Linda LuLu--We have a Ruby's right near us, like truly 5-10 minutes away, but it is the same chain. Yummy.