Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Staples Shopping


First day of school and really the first day getting back into the swing of things after being gone for two weeks.

Since the bus doesn't come to the corner anymore we are now in a carpool for bus drop-off in the morning and pick-up in the afternoon on the other side of Dove. Today and tomorrow are my days for pick-up. Got the kids all dropped off and then Christine made a list of all the supplies she needs. Our school district does not send/print out supply lists before school starts. The kids get them on the first day. Aghhh. So off to Staples we went. Where we live, this is the most complete one stop place to get things and their prices when school starts beat out Target.

I was so proud of myself! We timed it perfectly, I thought. We went at 5pm when it is supposed to be dinner time, right? WRONG! Everyone had the same idea! I have NEVER seen the store that crowded. The check out stands are in the very front of the store. The lines went from the front all the way down the side aisle, all the way across the back, and all the way up the other side of the store! It took us 45-60 minutes to wait in line to check out.

The GOOD thing was, we got all we needed and I had a coupon for $40 off if I spent $100, so we got a really good deal. Then we were off for Borders to get a book for her English class and home for a crock pot dinner and assembling her school binders and bag for tomorrow. Duff had meetings until really late because they are feverishly working on Prop. 8 and Stake Conference this coming weekend. Nighty-night.

No comments: