Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Monday, September 8, 2008

Sigie's Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler

Mike usually has an Angel Food Cake with Auntie Coy glaze on it for his traditional birthday cake. This year he changed things up and asked for a Peach Cobbler. He has loved peaches all his life. Even the Gerber baby food peaches when he was a baby were his favorites. So Adrianne made his Angel Food Cake on Saturday for him and then she helped me make a peach cobbler on Sunday for the family party.
The Ingredients For The Filling:
8 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Ultra Gel
1 tsp. cinnamon

Sprinkle lemon juice and almond extract over peaches in a 9 x 13 pan. Combine remaining filling ingredients and gently stir into fruit.

Ingredients For Topping:

1 cup flour

2 Tbsp. sugar

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/3 cup oil

3 Tbsp. milk

1 egg, slightly beaten

In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Then in a separate small bowl combine oil, milk, and egg. Stir into dry ingredients with a fork until just blended.

Dot over top of fruit mixture by large spoonfulls. It will puff up and fill in as it bakes. Sprinkle course sugar over the topping if desired. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.


Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes or so and serve with whip cream or vanilla ice cream. We like to serve it nice and warm, but it's equally good at room temperature! This is a double recipe of topping. We love the topping, so I always double or triple it for a 9 x 13 pan.

Happy Birthday Michael D. 3 candles: one for each decade and/or representing the past, present, future.

3 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

I love this post!!!! So cute! Good job C. It looks fantastic! Mikey looks cute too. Grandpa ask for Peach Cobbler as well for his birthday party.

Jamie said...

YUM! I want to try this! I am loving all the recipes.

Berta said...

Oh yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I want to make this! I can smell it from here! ! !