All smiles from fans of both teams before they leave for the game. Mike K., Duff, Robert, Vince S. Can you tell the 2 BYU gra
To borrow a phrase from the film Remember The Titans: LEAVE NO DOUBT! Which is exactly what BYU did yesterday in their game against UCLA. Final score: 59-0. Duff invited some co-workers of his to come up for the weekend and go to the game. They graduated from UCLA and were quite confident that their team would whup us. Good thing we have a very long, nice friendship with Mike K. and Vince S. because it was a slaughter.
Duff, Mike, Vince, and Robert went to the game, while Natalie and I worked on a few things here at the cabin and watched the game together and had some 'girl time'. Everything went so fast! We decided that we didn't want to miss a thing of the game so we made an agreement that every time there was commercial or time out we would jump up and get some little thing started or finished and then go back to the game. WRONG! We were winding up the deck wire that got taken off since the deck was refinished and came back in to another touchdown in like 10 seconds. What was up with that? Finally, we didn't do anything else until halftime.
Oh! What a game! Towards the end you just felt so sorry for UCLA, but for me, not sorry enough to want them to score. I liked the shut-out. I did feel awful for their coach. The tv coverage just kept showing a frustrated, disappointed man. Their poor defense must have been absolutely exhausted.
Big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup with rolls, butter, jam, salad. Nice cool, fall weather up here in the mountains.
Way to go Cougs! Going home tomorrow, but will be back for Wyoming.
4 comments:
Typically, I think your family is a little, okay, a lot, obsessed with BYU football, but, with a win like that over UCLA, I'm right there with ya jumping and screaming! I bet it was an AWESOME game!!!
Wahooooooo!!!! That is all I can say about the slaughter yesterday! I'm sure Pres. Vidmar is sad today!
How fun to be at the cabin with fall coming on! Can you believe we made it through the summer...yeah! Call me when you get a minute!
Oh, how we wished we there at the cabin, as fall and winter are my favorite times of the year. Too hot here for soup, maybe in about weeks from now we will be ready for soup.
Love Mom
Post a Comment