Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, September 19, 2008

Thoughts on Cleaning


I've been cleaning today. Bathrooms, clean sheets on beds, dusting, etc. And I am loving it. Weird thing--I don't mind cleaning here. Why is it that when you go somewhere else other than home it doesn't seem like a chore? Hmmm. It's been fun. Maybe because it's not where I live full time and I am not pulled in other directions or have lots of interruptions. Maybe because the outdoor scenery is vastly different. Maybe because I know I won't get a phone call that needs my immediate attention. Maybe because I have all day to do it and I won't feel guilty if I sit down for a minute.

It's been a gorgeous day. Early evening clouds and rain.

Went to Provo to meet up with Natalie and Robert. I was having a serious hankering for some good Mexican, but alas, Natalie had her heart set on Chinese, so off to Panda Express we went. We decided on a fast place since it was a Friday night in Provo, and every place would have a long wait.

Then off to The Quilted Bear. I got the next 'piece' for the girls Nativity sets for Christmas, so I can cross that off my list! Yay! Some Christmas shopping already done in September. I'm giving myself a big pat on the back for that one. I really want to be done by November 1st this year, which is 2 months earlier than I normally do. Oh PLEASE, I hope I can do it! Natalie found some darling fall refrigerator magnets and I treated her to a luscious Salt City candle of apple/cinnamon something. When we walked in, Robert's eyes got big, and Natalie turned to him and said, "Yes, and we go down every aisle, slowly." He said that he was going to go check out the other stores in the center and to call him when we were done! I got a good silent laugh out of that one.

I dropped some things off at DI that we don't need or have replaced with something else at the cabin.

Then grabbed some small juice glasses at BBB right at nine o'clock. They were so nice and let me in right at closing. I used the $5 off coupon and got them all for under 10 dollars. You gotta love a good buy. Then hopped on the freeway to get to Jenn's to pick up Taylor and head for the airport to get Duff and Christine by 10pm. Up the canyon we went as the temperature dropped and dropped and dropped.

Oh, and the HD couldn't get hooked up this morning. We need the new dish that doesn't come out until October 10th, so that was a bummer. The current dish is fine for the wiring we have and regular televisions. But now that we have added/replaced some of those with HD units, the dish needs to get signals from 9 satellites instead of 1, thus this new dish that isn't released publically until October. The guy had it on his truck with everything needed for installation, but the office wouldn't let him put it up until the VERY day. Bummer, bummer, as that means another visit. That should allow us though to get the other tv's for the game room and they can all be set up at the same time!

Too awake from all my nighttime driving and errands, so I'll stay up a little longer and empty the dishwasher and do some more chores to wind down. Tay and Chris are watching Ice Age. I remember what it was like to be a young teen and stay up forever!

2 comments:

Nic said...

what a great time. if you ever wanna come over and clean my place you are more then welcome to. :)

Lisa Tucker said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I was there. I love how Taylor and Christine are close and have a good together. I think that is so neat.