This is really what it looks like out my window!Good Golly! Why oh why do I keep doing this early flight???
I have to have EVERYTHING ready before I go to bed. Well, that's a good thing actually. But then I have to get up at 4:45am to leave by 5:15am to get to the airport by 6am to board at 6:30am to fly at 7am! I am not a morning person. I know this about myself. But it gets me here without a layover and not when it's dark to be in the airport by myself getting the car. Whatever happened to the 11am flight without the layover??? Oh well, I did it and quite well if I do say so myself.
Had a little shopping trip on the way up. Stopped at Kimball Junction at the Wal-Mart to look for some pajamas for Christine so she doesn't have to keep bringing them. We have been working a little at a time to have what we need already here so we don't have to bring everything with us each time. Duff and I are pretty good now--he a little better than I. No more toiletries or personal items. He even has clothes that he can just leave here so he only packs his briefcase with church and work items and he's done! I'm almost there. Anyway--so got the pj's. Then looked for some BYU fabric and at the sewing machines. No fabric, but some great deals on machines.
Walked leisurely through Pier One and a furniture and accessory store for mountain homes. It was so fun to go at my own pace and soak it all in. My dear hubby is NOT a shopper. Then came 'home' and got the water turned on, etc. The weather is really cooling down. It was only in the mid-60's at the heighth of the afternoon. So pleasant!
Ate leftover soup for lunch, a tuna melt for dinner with an apple. Super simple but oh so good. Had a nasty headache, so I layed down on the couch for a minute and fell sound asleep. Woke up to the phone ringing and it had been 2 hours! Guess I needed that! Got the laundry we had left all done. Lit some pumpkin and spice and apple candles for the evening and hunkered down with a Paula Deen magazine full of autumn recipes and articles.
Enjoying the quiet, but missing the family. Glad they will be here tomorrow night!
2 comments:
Beautiful view! I love the crisp, fall days!
CindyLou . . .
Are you up for BYU game or just a get-away? Email me, I need to talk to you! Had I known you were going to be alone, I would have come to stay with you! How brave of you! The quiet (etc) sounds and looks heavenly.
Post a Comment