Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sewing Machines

I'm looking to get a new sewing machine. I just want a basic sew back and forth straight stitch with a zigzag, easy buttonholer, maybe a decorative stitch or two. Nothing fancy. Something in the $200 range.

Any ideas?

9 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Go to Sears. That is where Craig got mine and I think he spent now more the $300 maybe that maybe less. They always have really good singers. They are always good and you can never go wrong. Mine has many different stiches on it etc. I say try there. Sears.

Berta said...

Cindy-Lou -
I was watching "Martha" the other day and she recommended SINGER (I'm sure they have some sort of 'deal' with them). There was a model they had on the show - I can't remember the name but it was an 'entry level' machine - they raved about it. Exactly what you're looking for! I'm looking into one myself. I'm going to research it and see if I can find the model name - I'll let you know.

Linda Lu said...

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy, not too much help with the sewing machine department. I got a jeans machine back l7 years ago cause I was pregnant with Sarah and just had to have a sewing machine. Couldn't sew a thing but a straight (squiggly) line and now my baby Sarah can sew anything and uses that machine! Just wanted to say thanks for the recipes you have posted. I'm going to try the cobbler, it loooooks soooooo goooood.

Love, Linda Lu

Jennifer said...

Singer- at Wal-Mart, less than $200. You can't go wrong!

Sigie said...

Walmart used to have Singer and Brother sewing machines and they were in that price range. Daddy wanted to buy me one a year or so ago. They looked pretty good to me. Come to think of it I saw them when I was in there the other day. Check it out. Sears is also good.

Raechal said...

my mom got me a brother a few years ago for christmas and I LOVE it. I'm not an ultra serious sewer or anything, but it does what I need. I think it was about $200 from Costco.

Kristin said...

Told ya...Singer Advance at Walmart! Seems a lot of folks agree........ :)

Berta said...

CINDY-Lou . . .
Here is a link to the machines MARTHA was using on the show the other day:

http://www.singerco.com/products/

She was using the Curvy Model!
Luv

Berta said...

JACKPOT: go here for videos that feature each sewing machine (you'll have to copy/paste this link!) . . .

http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/singer-sewing-sewing-machines_c-ct0053_a-211_xc.aspx?kw=singersewingmachine&sourceid=googbg&prev=hp!sf!dept&rdr=1&cm_mmc=Paid%20Search%20Brand-_-Google-_-Crafts-_-singer%20sewing%20machine