Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Beam Me Up Scotty!

The starship Enterprise. We went to the 10:45am showing this morning and we LOVED it! Except: spoiler alert!!!: since when did Spock and Uhura like each other?????
Ohhhh, and what a cutie Chris Pine is. Christine and I were wracking our brains as to where we've seen him before, and then it finally came to us: Princess Diaries 2, The Royal Engagement. He was the love interest. He's blondish now, but still very dreamy. He makes a really good Captain James Tiberious Kirk. All the old-faithfuls are there: Spock, Scotty, Checkov, Bones, Sulu, Uhura, Pike. We grabbed a little lunch at the outdoor food court. It is a gorgeous day.

I hope they 'boldly go where no man has gone before', and make another one in a couple of years. Until then, I send you good Vulcan wishes: Live Long and Prosper.

[ Christine went to see her friend, Ashley, who just had her surgery on Wednesday. She is 14 and has female cancer. It is terriby sad. She is a darling girl and she and Chris have been friends since elementary school. It breaks my heart. I saw her for a few minutes when I went to pick up Christine. She was so cheerful, but wasn't moving too well, and looks pretty tired. Guess surgery and cancer do that to you. She has such a good outlook.
Duff and I got the grocery shopping done. Really not in the mood to do it today. But we did run into lots of people from the ward doing the same thing. We get a good laugh out of that. Came home and Adrianne helped us get it all unloaded and put away. THANK YOU! Made a quick dinner and then watched Ocean's 11.
Christine went to Sarah's to get ready for the stake dance and then go hit the dance floor. I'm waiting for her to come home. Rachel is bringing her tonight since she chaperoned. The girls were looking forward to it because it was a 'black light dance' and they were planning their outfits to make the maximum use of the black lights. It was also Beatle's night. Geez, that takes me back.....]

No comments: