Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Bag

This is my handwork bag. I first saw it at a temple dedication quite a few years ago. I think it was Nauvoo or Winter Quarters. One of those. I know--it surprised me too. But an older friend of mine had brought it with some handwork in it to quietly do while she waited to get into the stake center chapel before the dedication. I thought that was a smart idea. She also had her scriptures and hankie, etc. in it as well. Then, the next time I went to Utah, I saw that my mother-in-law had one too. She used it for her purse. It was so dang cute. I asked where she got it and boy was I surprised when she told me 'Avon'. That was a name from my past. My mom used to sell Avon! At the time, bags like this were really popular by a company (I can't remember the name right now) that was very expensive in many designer stores. The Avon price was really reasonable so I ordered one.

And I use it for my handwork. I keep embroidery in it and fine crochet projects. Fine crochet is with the very thin cotton crochet thread. Think doilies and tropical bandages. Most of these projects are things I give away. All my sisters and sisters-in-law got a doily one year for their birthdays. Tropical bandages go to the Humanitarian Center. Embroidery pillows for gifts. It is easy to take in the car with me when I run Christine around to various things and have those little snippets of time to wait. You'd be surprised how much you can get done in those small bits of time after a while! I keep my scissors and threads and needles in a cute tin. It makes me happy everytime I get into it.
I love this bag. It's a part of who I am.

5 comments:

Berta said...

can't wait to seeeeeeeeeee itttttttttttt!

Berta said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. . .
Happy Birthday TO YOUUU . . .
HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear CINDY-LOU-LOU . . .
Happy Birthday toooooo
youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Luv ya -
Berta

Linda Lu said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Happy Birthday dear CINDY!
Happy Happy Birthday to you!

Hope it's a very happy day!

Love ya!
Linda

Berta said...

JUST LOVE IT! AVON, ha!

Sigie said...

My bag like that is hanging in my closet that I got from Avon too,and I love it and don't want it to get dirty so I rarely use it as I have so many hand projects that I have them in different Lacome gift bags that I got as gifts. Guess I will have to start using it for my different hand work. Great post.