We had an earthquake just a bit ago. I DO NOT DO WELL WITH EARTHQUAKES. I think I'd probably do better in hurricane areas. At least you have some warning.
Duff and I were watching a movie in the family room. I was laying on one of the couches. Christine had been doing her best to talk me into making a peach cobbler, but I'm exhausted. Tomorrow for FHE dessert I kept telling her. Then she moved on to chocolate chip cookies. Could Natalie make them while she (Chris) was in the shower so they would be hot when she got out. Okay. But please take a good look at the very clean kitchen. If you and Nats do that, then it needs to be cleaned up just like that by the time you are done. No takers. How does that work? No one wants to clean it up? Well, I don't either!
All of a sudden the couch was really shaking. I thought it was Christine trying to get my attention. Then I realized she was upstairs. That only meant one thing: earthquake! Dang it. I just get that adrenaline rush in your chest-- you know what I mean. Like when you've just avoided a car accident or something. It stopped. The house was silent- but for only a moment. Then Robert runs downstairs, Natalie yells 'earthquake' from the bedroom, Shaun was whooping about it, and Chris runs downstairs in a towel. I sat up and said " Oh, Crap". We put Robert on internet info detail. 5.0 centered a little north of Hawthorne. It must have rumbled pretty good in Torrance, where I grew up.
We didn't feel any aftershocks. C'mon Darla! Weren't you supposed to warn us. I thought dogs had some additional 'sense' about stuff like that. Nope. She slept through it all on the couch next to Duff. She was just too happy to be home.
2 comments:
My boys and I were standing upstairs in the hallway saying goodnight and all of a sudden we heard something rattling in the rooms, I look in Ryan's room and his little tiki was shaking and the same in Austin's room we started cracking up laughing figuring we just had an earthquake and we did not feel it but the tiki Gods did and were not happy.
Ohhhhhhhh, Grif sent me a text right after it happened! I was going to write you this morning to see if you felt it too. He said it was CRAZY - he was at the studio doing a session! No kidding on the warning-stuff. Glad you're okay. "5" that's getting pretty big! Keep us posted.
Post a Comment