I got a lot done today. All of which made me happy. I started the day with a good prayer. Thanking Heavenly Father for my life, my body, my opportunity to come to earth. I hope I'm doing a good enough job on my journey here.
I changed sheets on beds. I washed them, and blankets too.
I worked in the garden and repotted some ferns that had desperately outgrown their little pots. I added new soil to some of my geranium pots. I watered. Snail baited.
Cleaned out the laundry room WELL. Got all the stray things put where they 'go'. That seems to be my place where everything gets stowed quickly until I have the time to put it away. Cleaned up the dining room from Mother's Day. Gosh it feels good to be on top of that.
Worked on visiting teaching. It's a never ending entity. Living, breathing, ever-changing.
Duff came in and told me to sit down, relax, go and take a nap. It was my birthday! But all the things I was doing made me smile. I took phone calls from well-wishers in between chores.
We had dinner and I didn't cook. Nice. And then we all went over to Mike and Adrianne's for cake and icecream. She made my favorite cake for my birthday: German Chocolate. I always thought it was from Germany. Not so. I found out that a Mr. German developed the recipe for it and it is named after him! I didn't know that. Oh it is sooo good. She also made an angel food for those who don't like the coconut and nuts in the frosting. The guys were watching the Lakers game. Close finish, but they lost. Mike was not a happy fan. We gals visited and caught up. It's only been a few days since the graduation/moving but still catching up to do!
Christine got hit really bad at lacrosse practice today. In the right thigh while in the goalie box. High school boys were coaching her and a couple forgot their strength. She can hardly walk and it is already bruised. You can see the imprint of the ball marks. We got ice on it right away, but it's gonna hurt for several days.
Here is a sweet email I got from my parents this afternoon:
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
DEAR CINDY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TO YOU
What a special day that was for me and daddy. When I was in labor I really didn't know it . I thought it was the banana I ate. But at that time I was in labor and you were telling me that you were ready to come into this world and into the world you came. A sweet pink little 5 lb 10 oz girl. We brought you home the next day and put a heating pad in your bassinet to keep you warm as you lost some weight and could not stay warm. We had to put a pink ribbon across the doorway when people came to see you, as Dr. Krems did not want people to come close to you and contaminate you in any way as you were so little. He was the best doctor ever.
Now you are a mother yourself 53 years later. And what a great mother you are. You have been a wonderful and loving daughter. May you be blessed with good health and a long life here on the earth. May Heavenly Father always be with you Sweetheart.
We love you very much.
All our love,
Mom and Dad"
All in all, it was a nice birthday. Thanks and love to everyone who made my day so wonderful.
3 comments:
OK...if I wasn't tackling studying for 2 finals all week to take on Thursday, I would of known and remembered it was your birthday. Travel back in time to the 21st and read the following: Happy Birthday! You are one of the sweetest, wisest, funnest women I have ever known and I'm proud to call you friend. I hope your day was special!
Happy Birthday Cindy! It was so great to see you for the graduation. Thanks for not taking my picture that night! It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday puttering around your house, etc. Another year older...and wiser too!
mom the guys didnt give me that bruise. that was someone on my team! o well and it realy hurts. chris
Post a Comment