So while they are gone I'll do a little blog catch-up.
For Shaun's birthday, we had homemade tacos. Always a tradition, and always a hit in our family. This is the 3rd generation now. They aren't complete though without the 'hot taco sauce'. We've been making it for as long as I can remember. There are different opinions about where and how the recipe started, but suffice it to say, we can't have tacos without it. It is hard to describe, but there is just something about the taste of it.Nathan and his 'sweetie', Sara, came by with a gift for Shaun. A band t-shirt, of course!
Singing Happy Birthday! Christine is the photographer. It was clear I was well on my way to being sick, and I was on the couch.
I baked and put the cake together, but Christine frosted it and put the Heath bars on top. She's getting very good in the kitchen. Shaun, Josh, and Natalie all want what we affectionately call 'Cardiac Arrest Cake' (aka: better than you know what, or heath bar cake...)for their birthday cakes. Duff, Mike, Christine all choose Angel Food with Auntie Coy glaze for theirs. And I'm the odd-ball, because I just have to have German Chocolate Cake with frosting for every bite for mine!Natalie and Robert made it safely here last night. So now we have a full house for the summer.
Josh starts finals on Monday. And HALLELUJAH! Meredith had her last day of work with Neetu yesterday!!! woohoo, woohoo!!! That job did NOT turn out how it was supposed to but Mere stuck it out and it has been a rough, long year. It will not be without mixed emotions. She grew to love those little boys so very much and has raised them this whole year. She has been their parent through thick and thin. She was the first thing they saw in the morning, and often the last one they saw at night before going to bed. Now she will concentrate on packing and getting ready to move 2 weeks from today!
Christine is in nocal for her orchestra competition. She said they did very well. They have the awards ceremony tonight. I'm anxious to hear! Last year I was with them on this trip and it was a lot of fun in spite of the nightmare of the busses.
I'm going to take advantage of the quiet and get a little rest in while the troops are gone.
Later...
1 comment:
I'm with you I love German chocolate cake but since no one else does I never get it, not that I need it.
Post a Comment