Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, May 22, 2009

Pretty Pink Presents

I have several favorite colors. It seems I can't pick just one sometimes. I love reds, greens, blues, yellows--see what I mean. But if I have to pick just one I guess it would have to be pink. Pink works. It was the color of my wedding. And right now I'm into all things D A I S Y. I don't know why, but I am. They make me smile and feel happy. So it was so fun to see that the sweet gifts I got yesterday were PINK!
Josh and Mere gave me a basket filled with pink gerbera daisies that I can plant in the yard. I haven't said anything to anyone about my pink obsessions lately or about the daisy thing. How did they know???

Some pink tissue with some pink cherry blossom lotion from Patti and Richard, the pink daisies and pink grapefruit bubble bath from Josh and Mere, a Pocket Edward paper doll and a pink embroidered heart with doves floursack dishtowel from Mike and Adrianne (she is putting the finishing touches on it, but it is adorable!and my favorite kind), and pink Shirley Temple movies from Duff, Christine, and Shaun. (I am a Shirley Temple nut. I have a little collection going. Right now at Costco they have all her movies. 3 for $12.99. There are 18. I have 1-9 so far.)

Thank You. I love you all so much!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Pink daisies are entirely YOU, Cindy. They seem somehow eternally young and fresh and hip, without being pretentious about it...without trying to act like they are still just buds. No possible way you're 53. You are as fresh as a daisy. A pink one.

Berta said...

EVERYTHING looks so wonderful - I'm with you though - I think I would LOVE the Shirley Temple DVD's. I think I'll look into those. PINK - it 'IS' so YOU! Hope you had a wonderful day, cuz.
Love ya -

Erika said...

My favorite Shirley Temple movie is the Blue Bird - but I think I told you that once. Pink, pink, pink - beautiful color! I think your family knows you well.

Cindy said...

Thank You Everyone! You are the BESTEST!

Vic--I appreciate your compliments!

Berta--YES, you will LOVE the ST dvd's. They are great grandma movies to watch. Short and sweet, always with a message. I could watch them over and over myself. And your wedding was PINK too! I remember my dress well! I felt so pretty in it!

Erika--Yes, you even gave it to me on VHS for my bday one year when you were my VT. And I've loved it ever since!