Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Auntie Ann

My Auntie Ann passed away this morning around 8am.
She is my dad's sister. She was 76.
Auntie Ann battled breast cancer for more than 17 years and by December of last year, they found it all over. She was a 'trooper'. She never complained much about her physical health. In fact, she kept most of her illnesses to herself and her boys.
I had a lengthy conversation with her around the 15th of December where we planned for me to travel to Sacramento and spend a long weekend going through a box of family history together. She sounded great and there was no mention of her health being bad. She told me she was having a few issues due to getting older, but that was all. A week later she was rushed to the hospital where they did an exploratory surgery to discover the cancer had advanced and her time was not long.
She asked her boys to keep it private and they respected her wishes. I only learned about it two weeks ago when I was planning my trip up north for that long weekend together and couldn't reach her. I called Frank, one of her sons, and he told me what was going on. It would only be another week or two.
So--Good-bye, dear Auntie Ann.
I love you and I'll miss you!

1 comment:

bBchronicles said...

That's a GREAT photo - I will truly miss her - she was a gem and LOVED her family . . . isn't that what it's ALL ABOUT?!?