Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back. On Track.

I was worthless yesterday. Just plain overtired from the fast funeral trip up north and emotional processing it all. Mom wanted me to take her to Joann's so she could 'look' (which almost always means the 'looking' turns into 'buying'! Something we will laugh about at her funeral one day...)

We both looked at each other at the same time and said, "I don't feel good. Let's go." So we quickly finished and left. But that being said, we did get some great deals on some fabric. Yay for sales and coupons.

My parents left for Wrightwood. Auntie Tia is having a hard time with Uncle Bob. He has had some more TIA's and they have taken their toll. I think she is finally at the point where she is ready to bring in some outside help. Since my mom pretty much raised her siblings (my grandmother had serious health problems when her children were young), Tia looks to my mom not only as a sister, but a mother figure too.

I spent the rest of the afternoon wrapped up in a blanket and watched some tv. I just needed to download I guess. Mike and Adrianne made fajitas. They are so awesomely delish. Better than any restaurant I've had them in. I was so grateful not to have to cook.

Today I woke up back to normal, except for losing it briefly when a tad bit overwhelmed at getting back on track after 5 days. Eeewww! Once I got it under control, the rest of the day went splendidly. Do you ever have days like that? The laundry is on it's way and Duff and I got a few more things organized in the garage in the cupboards. Now all the food storage stuffs are together in the same location in the same garage, and the decorations, luggage etc. that were scattered between the two are all together and so goes our plan. It works better with my methodicalness.

I'm really enjoying the Olympics in Vancouver. Love, love it all.

No comments: