Also in this particular box in a cupboard were every stuffed animal and dolly that the girls ever had. So I pared them down to 3 of each of their favorites. The only exception was Natalie's baby Sadie. That dolly was loved to death. I wanted to keep her because she was definitely the favorite, but her plastic skin was completely gummy and peeling. I reverently held a little memorial service in my heart as I wrapped and lovingly placed her in the trash can.
Christine's favorites were this little bunny from her Easter basket when she was 1 year old, and two of her lambies. The one in the middle squishes up to nothing but is oh, so comforting, and the one on the right has a music box in it that lulled her to sleep many a night in her crib. She loved LAMBS. She still has one on a bookshelf in her room that she would travel with. It was small and cuddly and could be packed in a suitcase/duffle and carried around without being bulky.
I put all of these in the washer. I had nothing to lose if they fell apart. Look how nicely they turned out! Now I will pack these away. Much more manageable.
And last but not least: These sweet little jars that I got when Mike was born to put baby toiletries in. They used to sit in a pretty white tray with comb and baby brush. I used them for all five of the kids.
Yay for MEMORIES!

1 comment:
Too fun for words! Need to keep that big Bunny you have grandkids now! It is so cute and fun. When they come to grandma's they will remember that big Easter Bunny! Tell me you did not get rid of it?
Post a Comment