Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Winter Olympics and stuff ...

Yesterday was the first day of the Olympics. And someone died. A 21 year old luger. They showed the practice run that he lost his life on when he flew over the track wall and hit an unpadded steel pole. I'm quite sure he was dead on impact. It was horrible to watch.

But the opening ceremony went on as scheduled. It was a beautiful program. Christine and I fell asleep on the couches downstairs, but no fear--we dvr'd it, right? So this morning we curled up in blankets to watch all the things we missed. We got to fast forward through all the commercials--yay--and finally got to lighting the torch. All of a sudden it shut off!!! What???

Well with the opening coverage about the luger's accident, and then the minute of respectful silence for him, and then the malfunction of the 4th tower for the torch, we ran out of scheduled dvr time and completely missed it lighting up. Major disappointment! I learned a good lesson to go into the next program time for things like this.

Errands for Saturday. You know. Like the grocery store, clean the church, and get ready for tomorrow. Chris, Adrianne and I ended up running over to Joann's. Just about everything in the entire store was 40-50% off plus I had a coupon for 10% off my entire purchase. Then over to Target. And since I took longer than I should have and they were late for her nephew's bday party, I volunteered to finish their laundry while they were gone! It was the least I could do. I felt really bad.

My mom and dad got here about 5:30pm. We are going to drive them up north for Auntie Ann's funeral. It's been a difficult week for them, so it will be good for them to have a day to rest and regroup before we go. We ate pot au feu. Good, healthy, and comforting.

I'm tired and yet I'm not. I think I've got everything ready for tomorrow.

No comments: