Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Services.

My aunt's full name is Meada Ann. But she just went by Ann. I didn't know her first name was Meada until years into my life. Her funeral was nice. She would have loved the stories her boys remember of her! Her life was her children.
The 'guys'.
Jeff, Duff (how did he sneak in there? Oh yeah, they were all gabbing away!), Fred, Jerry, Frank. One is a judge, two are attorneys, and one is a cop. They like to say that so and so catches them, the other two prosecute, and so and so puts them away! Hahaha!
The beautiful table display Jennifer (Frank's wife) put together in the foyer. This is how private my Aunt was: most of the pictures even her children had never seen! Jerry found them in one of her closets last week.

Isn't she a beauty? I totally remember her this way in her 20's.

On her wedding day. She was VERY sick with pnuemonia. She had even been in the hospital and just released. They got married in my grandparents living room in the duplex in Manhattan Beach. She couldn't get through her vows, so she kept swigging from her bottle of codeine cough syrup. Look how tiny her waist is! And that platinum hair. I used to love sitting in the bathroom with her while she took down her perfect french twist and brushed those long silky tresses. They ended up in one curl down her back. My mom has always told me that I have Auntie Ann's feet. Looking at them through the years confirms that. I had a chuckle to myself when I saw her feet in this picture: I always put my left foot on top of my right toes, too! Must be in the genes.

Such a darling picture of her as a baby.

Ready for the family prayer, which Fred gave.

All of her grandsons except Frank's youngest (who is 2) were the pallbearers. She would have wanted it that way.

This is Kelly Leonard ???. I don't know her married name. But she was in my ward when I was growing up in Torrance and has landed in Rocklin. Auntie Ann was her visiting teacher. It continues to be a 'small world'.
The services were simple. Two speakers--one for the euology, which was very nice, and one for the plan of happiness. No musical numbers. Her brothers, my dad and Uncle Bob, gave the prayers. The boys will have heck to pay for even having a funeral however simple. She just wanted graveside services. But I'm glad they chose to do it.

1 comment:

Lisa Tucker said...

I love the pictures of Auntie Ann!! Oh my heck. Fantastic. We need the one of her and Uncle Fred. I hope we can get copies. Good Job.