Today we drove to northern California for my Auntie Ann's funeral tomorrow. We took the 'scenic' route and went up the 99. I think we will take the 5 on the return trip.
My mom and dad drove with us and we had a really fun time just the four of us. I crocheted trim on a baby blanket I am working on, and my mom was cranking out the crocheted dish cloths. By the time we arrived in Rocklin, she had a set of 4 for each of Ann's daughters-in-law! My dad and Duff thought it was kind of funny that my mom and I had both chosen a crochet project to keep our hands busy while we traveled!
My aunt has 4 sons. Jeff, Fred, Frank, and Jerry. They are good men, and I love them all. Frank and Jennifer had invited us for dinner when we pulled into town so we went straight to their house. They greeted us at the door with hugs and kisses and then all of a sudden I looked up and there was Jerry and Melissa coming through the kitchen doorway and Jerry had his arms out to me with his huge smile and I dropped my purse right in the entry way and ran to him! They had lived here in Corona right after he graduated from the chp for a couple of years and we had the BEST time with them. We did as much as we could together and when they moved back up north we missed them a lot.
Jenn made an awesome dinner with Frank at the grill, and before any of us knew it, it was almost 10pm!!! We laughed, hugged, visited, talked, exchanged recipes, the guys played Guitar Hero and watched the olympics, and we gals never left the kitchen. Their six children between them ran in and out and were enjoying being together.
THANKS soooo much. LOVE you guys!
4 comments:
Sounds like alot of fun!!
I am so glad that the two of you can do that kind of stuff while driving. I would be sick to my stomach and throwing up. I have to drive and just look out the window. How sweet of you two to do that for the girls.
My turn, I need some more of those hot pads. I keep catching them on the coil in my electric oven and melting them!
What a neat thing to be able to spend some alone time with your mom and dad.
Love ya!
We did have a good time doing them.. I haven't done hot pads for a while but will start again soon.
Love Mom
Post a Comment