I like Mondays. I like getting things back on track from the weekends that are more loosely lived. I like the routine.
Duff and Josh took out all the food storage from one set of cupboards in the small garage where we are consolidating everything. Then they put 3 new shelves in. Now the weight will be distributed more evenly and I will be able to see, use, rotate, and restock much more efficiently. They will do that to another bank of cupboards at the end of the week, once I get this one put back together.
Now the task is to assess and get rid of the expired things. I found bisquick that I had done in mylar bags from 2000. Yikes. In the garbage they went. I didn't even bother to open and check inside! I got rid of the kudos (!) bars, and 6 year old powdered eggs. Also the pudding mix, fruit drink mix, and hot chocolate. Fortunately I didn't have many cans of those so it didn't hurt too much! I'm happy to report that so far, everything else (the big staple items: wheat, flour, milk, rice, sugar, oats, beans) is still good.
Duff went with Josh to Ontario to settle in for the bar exam this week. OH. I'm so nervous for him. If you have a minute please pray for him with us, 'k?
1 comment:
He's a bright boy! He's going to do just fine. And by the look on Merideth's face while at Disneyland using the index cards, he's got it down pat. GOOD LUCK JOSH! We're praying for you!
Love ya!
Post a Comment