Up and at 'em! My mom made a big ole delicious farmers breakfast, which means I didn't need to eat until dinner! Eggs, hash browns, fruit salad, toast, jam, avocado slices. Rosie serenaded us during breakfast until he got what he wanted--the whites of the fried egg! Hahaha!
While I was brushing my teeth and doing my hair, Miss Darla kept vigil on the bed. She is smart. She knows the signs of getting ready to go somewhere and if she could go everytime, she would!
The Little Princess. As if the bed wasn't soft enough, she has to lay on the pillow.
Duff went to pick up Josh, while Meredith was doing some babysitting and meeting her mom and dad and JT after they flew in. Lisa swung by and picked us up and we headed to Costco to do the shopping for the bbq party tomorrow night. I left my list in the Denali, so Duff and Josh came straight there to bring it to me. We all cruised the aisles in Costco. You know, I just love Costco!
We sent our car home to my parents and took the rest of the stuff to Lisa's. Then she and I went to Fry's to pick up the other things that Costco just had in too big of quantities. Fry's is such a fun grocery store. It is huge and has a big home/sports section in it that is fun to walk around in. Natalie, Robert, and Christine got here right after we finished shopping, so now everyone is here for the big day tomorrow. I love how my kids love each other and support each other. This was a sacrifice for them to arrange work and school schedules to be here, but that is just what they do. I hope it can be that way in the future. Family is so important.
Celtics anyone?
Shaun got jersey's for Josh's graduation present. They were hoping it would bring them better luck in the game tonight. Notice the lone Lakers fan's hand on the left with the 'thumbs down'.
Sorry Mike. They didn't do well either!
After the Celtic game--btw: shouldn't it be pronounced Kel-tics? Adrianne and I always want to correct that--Patti, Richard, and JT came up and JT stayed with the fam while the graduating couple and their parents (aka: us) went out to dinner to celebrate. Meredith chose Un Bacio in Scottsdale. It was really good. We had Caprese and lobster stuffed ravioli for appetizers, and then I got the grilled salmon, Mere and Patti the halibut but prepared differently, Duff the asparagus with shrimp and angel hair pasta, Josh got spaghetti and meatballs, and I can't remember what Richard got, except it was with penne and looked really good. The bread was to die for 1) because it was just dang good, and 2) because of the herbed butter they served it with.
The graduate and his sweetheart. When the staff found out he was graduating, they gave him a complimentary Creme Brulee for dessert. We all had decided we were too full for dessert, but after that, we gals couldn't resist and I got a Creme Brulee, Mere the chocolate and vanilla ice cream balls with brandied cherries (which she didn't know were laced with the brandy until Patti took a bite and it burned all the way down. We had a good laugh...), and Patti the ricotta raspberry cheesecake. The guys had more willpower than we did skipped the dessert!
We had the waiter take a picture of all of us, and he cut Richard out of all the ones with my camera. Richard is on Patti's left.
Celtics anyone?
Shaun got jersey's for Josh's graduation present. They were hoping it would bring them better luck in the game tonight. Notice the lone Lakers fan's hand on the left with the 'thumbs down'.Sorry Mike. They didn't do well either!
After the Celtic game--btw: shouldn't it be pronounced Kel-tics? Adrianne and I always want to correct that--Patti, Richard, and JT came up and JT stayed with the fam while the graduating couple and their parents (aka: us) went out to dinner to celebrate. Meredith chose Un Bacio in Scottsdale. It was really good. We had Caprese and lobster stuffed ravioli for appetizers, and then I got the grilled salmon, Mere and Patti the halibut but prepared differently, Duff the asparagus with shrimp and angel hair pasta, Josh got spaghetti and meatballs, and I can't remember what Richard got, except it was with penne and looked really good. The bread was to die for 1) because it was just dang good, and 2) because of the herbed butter they served it with.
The graduate and his sweetheart. When the staff found out he was graduating, they gave him a complimentary Creme Brulee for dessert. We all had decided we were too full for dessert, but after that, we gals couldn't resist and I got a Creme Brulee, Mere the chocolate and vanilla ice cream balls with brandied cherries (which she didn't know were laced with the brandy until Patti took a bite and it burned all the way down. We had a good laugh...), and Patti the ricotta raspberry cheesecake. The guys had more willpower than we did skipped the dessert!
We had the waiter take a picture of all of us, and he cut Richard out of all the ones with my camera. Richard is on Patti's left.We had a really nice evening.
Auntie grilled some steaks and had baked potatoes with the mushroom gravy (from Mamo Minnie) and they watched the Lakers/Rockets game. By the time we got back most everyone was in the pool for night-time swimming. It was still 87* outside at 10pm!!!!!
1 comment:
Cindy, you are such a good mom for this stage of parenting. You have so much fun with your grown kids! Hope you have a great weekend...
Post a Comment